Wednesday, October 2, 2013

work underway...



(excerpts and  inspirational materials)







..if it's not boiling yet, how can you tell its done...
i  can hear the molecules begin to speed up....





"i'll tell you " 
he said.
 "i'm either way before my time...
or way after."



..so when i was a  girl, i was  a tom-boy to the max..
I  could make the longest skid marks with my bicycle tire, pop the  highest wheelies, and could bare the sting of pine cones against my legs until I reached our fort of hay on the other side of the park. And i still have the scar on my upper  arm from when the boy pushed me down mid race onto a heap of metal 'cause i was already 2 laps ahead of him!

but then there were  the other moments too of course... like the day we  were jumpin the creek...
No problem. This was my fortay! i knew i could clear that creek in one jump without a running start!
Until somebody shouted  "LEECH!" and there in the middle of the creek was a leech this big...

and well, TOM? hmph. Left me! and all the boys were shoutin..."What's you  waitin' for?! Jump!!" My brother. He must have saw it comin. Cause he just looked at me like " ..... (don't. you. dare.)..." They still shoutin for me to come on,  brother still givin' me a solid glare,  but my feet wouldn't move. yep. ..I started to cry. (Oh, it was a shameful day for tom boys that day.)  My brother had to come back to the other side of  the creek to get me. And  worse? He had to HOLD MY HAND! ...as he dragged me to the other side. All the while, i'm still crying and aiming my tip toes like a ballerina at every rock i could find along the  way. ... Come to find out, the leech? Wasn't even a leech. Just a rock under the water, with its tip exposed. It was gonna take me a while to live that one down...





No comments:

Post a Comment