Monday, October 1, 2012

Breathing life back into this Blog ... Amen. Amen.



Listen to internet radio with The Funky Writer on Blog Talk Radio


I just came across this interview I did at the beginning of the summer and never posted. (It takes me a while to be able to listen to my own voice.) Well, I just listened, and i realize that it's a good entry way back into breathing some life into this blog, since it explains why I have not done so in the past year! As of last fall, my creativity has taken  a rich detour---grad school. And I haven't had the time, nor known exactly what to shape this blog into in the mean time... Tonight, as I'm a lil jammed up on completing a piece of writing for my solo-play writing class ..I did just manage to begin refreshing myself on the mold-making process (for some puppets in the making),  finish a painting, and read a bit of a new novel that has nothing to do w/ my course work at all... So, i'm just thinking that this blog may very well turn into a tracking-of-the-creative-process-type-of -space... kind of like a scape page for my mind...much needed! Along side my writing and performance making work, I've also  put my self back to the task of a no-pressure- miniature-painting-a-day.  (I don't think i've ever used so many hyphens in one piece of writing)  i think i'll track those paintings here as well too! So, all this to say: prepare to see a bit of anything at this point...as it will all be bits and pieces of  my mind and doings along the way to birth...

i think this may actually be perfect...

"Then into it He blew the breath of life,
And man became a living soul.
Amen. Amen."

                ~From The Creation, by James Weldon Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment