Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dedicated to J and J...and all of the other dadda....



 

{Soon again Whoad.--I love you.}

I told my parents I wanted to build a castle in the sky.
“Here’s a pencil and paper, let’s draw the plans,” they replied. 

I told my parents that one day a queen would wear my ring.
They said, “The only way to marry a queen is to be a king.” 

I told my parents I wanted to kick lil’ Reggie’s butt.
They replied, “lets say that you do…then what?” 

I told my parents I’m 17; I’m getting married ‘cause I love her.
They replied, “We won’t fight you if you can tell us her favorite color.”

I told my parents I’m not going to college; I wanna rap.
They said, “Wherever you go, remember one day you’ll go back.”

I told my parents I was going to be the next Bill Cosby, funny and rich.
They replied, “Why not just work hard and be the first Will Smith?” 

I told my parents I’m about to be a father and I’m scared.
They replied, “Sometimes all you need to do is simply be there.” 

My son told me he wanted to build a castle in the sky.
“Here’s a pencil and paper, let’s draw the plans!” I replied. 

                                                                                                  ~Will Smith 




No comments:

Post a Comment