Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Quick Story
(Moral: always,there's another way.)

Phone rings. "Hello?" my sister.
"I just want you to know that i just spanked your nephew's hand."
"i'm hanging up."
"no..... listen."
(My nephew is my child born through my sister-- and my views on hitting children, especially him. are clearly known.)
"did u not hear me say earlier that i'm already not feeling well?"
"So. ...listen."
silence.
"i told him AGAIN Xavier--EAT YOUR FOOD!"
(which is a major event 3 times a day in the house...unless it's french fries.lol)
he responds,
'Mama, You eat YOUR food.'"
(Xavier is 6, and coming into full command of his voice and rights...which i do think is healthy development. (auntie to the max.)
My sister continues.
" So, i grabbed his hand and popped it!
.... He looks at it, looks at me, and just looks confused. he then says...
'..But Mama, ...it didn't hurt.'"
long pause.
...
"So then...." she continued,
"...We had a contest to see who could finish their food the fastest!" ~

No comments:

Post a Comment